2002 ford explorer eddie bauer problems

Just left the fuel station, (glad I only put $40 in), and was traveling at around 30 miles an hour when we heard a horrible thunk then whack, whack, whack. I assume that the repair shop didn't tighten the casket. 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 will install an extra electric cooling fan control unit ,If so operates after the engine is turned off to more quickly reduce 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 engine heat. We took to the dealer and they said this kind of problem happens in 1 in thousands of cars. Maintained it as expected, did not drive it too much (85K miles in 13 years). Was near a Christian Brothers Automotive, and it took them a good 20 minutes of poking around to find where the oil was coming from..... Went to go out and would not start. I have driver 100000 miles to this SUV with all sorts of problem but some how manage. This one really pisses me off I started my explorer and it made a loud pop noise and like others I thought the freakin engine blew ,only to find out it is a spark plug that blew and caused me some major problems needless to say ...to he** with a ford they can find on road dead all they want but it won't be me in the ford product..THANKS FOR NOTHING FORD MOTOR COMPANY..I use this vehicle for Dr appts and I sure don't need things like this going on ... Oil was changed very frequently (every 3,000-5,000 miles) with conventional 5W-20. Bought this car new. Answer Questions. Oil dip stick showed FULL yet that light went on and that was the end of it. I asked what could have caused it, and they weren't sure, but it definately wasn't going anywhere. Add ME to the list of people that will never purchase a FORD again - and will advise others to avoid the mistake too. $913-$5,741 Current Listing Price. Also the window’s also just stopped working out of nowhere as well. Although it is necessary to have the fuel injection system cleaned , as the engine leans during the turn,the problem may be a faulty rubber air intake boot that flexes . Get a free dealer quote ... 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4. 8 answers. Some 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 may experience failing catalytic converters, excessive oil consumption,electrical connector problems, failed mass air flow sensors, and in some cases the engines may need some major mechanical repairs, even complete engine replacement! I took a chance and bought a rebuilt motor from a place in Arizona off ebay. Used my wife's car until I could replace the battery. 2002 Ford Explorer trims (8) Trim Family Eddie Bauer Limited XLS XLT Years 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 Government should get involved and force FORD to recall all these SUVs. Request a dealer quote or view used cars at MSN Autos. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. If we remove and reinstall the faulty line , the leak could become worse and worse. Other than running a little rough, even after having it tuned up, there were no signs of anything wrong. Rear end replaced under warrenty for making noise and with in 20,000 miles it started again!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: It was in the shop for 3 weeks. informed me it would cost more than the car is worth to repair. We have 5 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 1 1-Owner cars, and 3 personal use cars. Does anyone know? How does a 4.0L V6 that has been well taken care of throw a rod through the block?????? This car drives with no issues. The ride is very comfortable, with the all leather seats with the driver and passenger seats equipped power adjustment with a seat heater. Johnny's Motors Inc. Used 2004. $3,488. The 2002 Ford Explorer has 7999 problems & defects reported by Explorer owners. Epic Fail Ford! Bottle screen printing machines for sale Metal laser cutting machine manufacturer Steel investment casting & Automobile Casting Custom coffee bags wholesale, Problems of 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 Engine, When do tires need to replace for 2011 Jaguar XF Sedan, Step by step to resolve overheating of 1986 Ferrari 328 GTS, Steel investment casting & Automobile Casting. From what I've gathered since the incident, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of Ford explorers that are no longer on the road because of this same exact timing issue. Up until this point, this was one of the most reliable vehicles I had ever owned, with very few problems. I suddenly notice that my engine is not changing the gear and jerking when it goes from 2-3 or something. THIS VEHICLE IS LOCATED IN ORANGE, CALIFORNIA. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Explorer based on all problems reported for the Explorer. Also have replaced the 4x4 module and front wheel bearings. Now the transmission is on its way out. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Golfball size hole in the block. Salvage yard told me they get a lot of the 2002 models in with blown engines NEVER but NEVER will I ever purchase a FORD Product again. $2,999. It is not leaking any fluids. I've experienced no mechanical issues. Never again will I buy a Ford, Update from Jan 25, 2012: now my o/d light is flashing...and reading the complaints im screwed again. These cars usually need to be replaced of the new engine , and the results are always that the vehicle s oil consumption is out of oil usage specifications. Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. Going to work after an eye appointment, eyes dialated, wearing shades while it's raining and tooling down the tollway at 70 mph and all of a sudden it felt like I hit a small animal. Told me I thru a rod from the timing chains inside the engine (there are 6). Various brands of oil filters were used, Fram, Fram Toughguard, Purolator, STP, Bosch, K&N, Motorcraft. Had it towed, and mechanic also started it up and turned it off. 2005 Ford Explorer problems (11) View all. Save $7,007 on a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer near you. Your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 may also experiences problems with the illumination of the CHECK ENGINE light,which is caused by excessive build-up of motor oil on the spark plug electrode. New Listing. Again shut it off and called my mechanic. 2002 Ford Explorer My vehicle issue that I have dealt with is that the heater went out of nowhere and this was a issue what Ford trucks mainly have. 8 answers. Your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 may also experiences problems with the illumination of the CHECK ENGINE light,which is caused by excessive build-up of motor oil on the spark plug electrode. Colors. It came with the oil pan installed, new oil filter, oil, spark plugs, the works. I have changed the oil every 3K miles since new. It could cause coolant to leak at the top of the engine, cause a fire, and drip coolant onto the exhaust manifold and something like that. 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD Maintenance & Repair I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer and all power windows stopped working, where is the fuse located for the power windows or could it be the switch pack on drivers door (main window switch)? Purchased this new in '02 and really loved the style and comfort of this vehicle, but sadly the durability of it is nothing to recommend. 2007 Ford Explorer problems (14) View all. It has plenty of guts and power for merging into heavy traffic. in repairs. This engine isa total failure by FORD, as much as hate to say it. Now truck just sits cause i have to decide between replacing all springs or get new engine. While driving home with my four kids the car breaks down!!! Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit, read stories from drivers who praise our work. $34,510. Our list of 14 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2002 Ford Explorer. At least not from the engine. 2009 Ford Explorer problems (10) Research 2002 Ford Explorer Utility 4D Eddie Bauer 4WD prices, used values & Explorer Utility 4D Eddie Bauer 4WD pricing, specs and more! Ocean Auto Sales. 2002 eddie bauer explorer, growling in front end and noise when turning wheels, can feel vibration in fronty tires. ", so far it seems to be getting worse. ... Buying a used ford fiesta worth it since i heard they have transmission problems? The 2002-2005 Explorer has a very well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under 100k miles. The manger of the service dept. If you can fix these problems, this is a great clean and un modified 4x4. Always check the fuse box first when you experience electrical problems in your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8. A four-wheel-driven quantum leap. I think this is a standard answer they give to anybody who has any kind of issues with the new car. MSRP. When you go out one morning and your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 engine will turn over but it won’t start. Get reliability information for the 2002 Ford Explorer from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 6 Cyl 4.0L 4-Door, F4SF-9B989-AA, AB 2002 Ford Explorer Limited 6 Cyl 4.0L 4-Door, F4SF-9B989-AA, AB 2002 Ford Explorer XLS 6 Cyl 4.0L 4-Door, F4SF-9B989-AA, AB Couple of weeks ago I noticed O/D off light blinking and service required sign came start showing. After reading these stories I am sorry I ever wasted my time in getting this fixed. Do your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 have anything wrong with engine problems? It is so wrong that so many have had this problem and Ford didn't help pay back those that bought a bad apple. The Explorer has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a rebuilt transmission at a cost of almost $3,000. But these Explorer 4.0 SOHC are a plain joke, Failure By Ford, and will certainly influence my future vehicle purchases. So it turns out, after all is said & done, that the only employed member of a single car family of 5 if left without transportation back & forth to work, because a once great multi billion $ company has chosen to ignore a very serious design flaw in their vehicles. A god awful noise was coming from the engine. They are waiting something serious happen before they will take any action. I installed it myself, hit the key and it fired right up and havent had any trouble since. 12 Answers California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Have replaced 2 engines and have read nothing but problems with the poorly designed engine! So it was either put $3400 up and get a used engine and hope it last me a year or two, or get a piece of crap till my wife's car was paid off. Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed. I had it towed to the service department at Ford where they replaced the starter. What is the wrong? I guide it to the shoulder of the freeway get out look under the car after checking under the hood to witness the oil pour out. View Local Inventory. transmission service now after engine failure...cant win...sick of ford...need to recall these problems and help the people who bought your car or truck...As of right now will never invest in ford again...hope ur guys go belly up for not helping out. certainly didn't mean things were going well under the hood. We had a prior bad experience when an engine went bad at 57000 in a '98 Ford Pickup, but I was adamant that I had to have an Explorer. 2006 Ford Explorer problems (17) View all. I took to one of mechanic to find out what is going on. It may leak fuel and even maybe cause a fire. I will only use Motorcraft oil filters in the future because of the drainback valve. Always been a FORD TRUCK guy, and still running my '96 F250 460ci. The rod blew and it was not worth fixing when I found out the engines from that year sucked. Unsubscribe any time. (Should have listened to my Honey). Dont understand how this happened when i take great care it. 2002 Ford Explorer problems (14) View all. I am one of many hundreds who have purchased a Ford Explorer (EXPLODER) & had the engine seize due to Fords inept engineers &/or design flaws! While driving to work on the 22nd of October 2009 with no warning the engine dies. Up for auction is a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition that was just recently donated to a national charity and is now being sold at NO RESERVE. We analyze millions of used cars daily. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. It is simply an indicator of the oil consumption problem, or other problems such as emissions system, ignition system, or fuel injection system etc. This Explorer is equipped with a 4.6L 8 cylinder engine and an automatic transmission. How much to fix, ball park? Some customers complain about higher than average oil consumption and faulty rear rotor seals that lead to oil leaks. The truck runs great but I did notice the make and … Great Car. Now that we know how an 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4×4 engine works, we can also understand the basic things that can keep an engine from running. Few have experienced significant engine problems. I bought this car by Capital Ford in Raleigh. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. Got it back and the shop screwed something up and it was back in for another 3 weeks while they rebuilt it AGAIN. It is definitely a safety issue and FORD is doing nothing. Summary: Ford is recalling model years 1995-2003 Windstar, 2000-2003 Excursion diesel, 1993-1997 and 1999-2003 F-250 sd through F-550 sd diesel, 1992-2003 E-150 through E-550, 1995-2002 Explorer, 1997 and 2002 Mercury Mountaineer, 1995-1997 and 2001-2003 Ranger, and 1994 F53 vehicles equipped with the Texas instruments speed control deactivation switch (scds). Is it worth anything? Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Sport Utility 4D. CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Ford Explorer is hands-down our worst vehicle on record. Shut the car off and tried again. I was heart broke over losing a car/truck I had for 10 years and loved. And although I was in the service dept. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. View all 12 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A) on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2002 Explorer. They try to fix but never got fixed and finally we got tired and gave up. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. 2004 Ford Explorer problems (16) View all. Like I mentioned before I already invested $1200. It would still Run but not well. They informed my that the engine had blown for no foreseeable reason. 2002 ford Explorer, It's just a lemon is all I can say. took in and tech drained front fluid and said it should improve the "clutches in front diff. Up till that point, I'd never heard anything so ridiculous as a broken timing chain/belt destroying a cars engine. ... 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4. I bought this 2002 Ford Explorer in 2007 with 60,000 Miles. (his car had only 59000...mine had 137000). However, some engines have suffered from excessive oil consumption and a damaged catalyst due to oil leaks that could lead to engine failure. Overview. Another common problem for the 2002-2003 Explorer is wheel bearing failure at around 90k miles, with a typical repair bill of $500 to $1000 depending on how many wheel bearings failed. Right away I could tell something was wrong. Is this a common problem with explorers? MSRP. I have a 2002 ford explorer Eddie Bauer, the door ajar alarm keeps going off with all doors closed, HELP (-:? Had to have whole engine replaced due to stupid timing belt. Monday came, got a battery, replaced it, but still would not start. Where a simple head gasket replacement is $1600 due to the cam chains placement (front and rear) requiring complete engine removal and a pain in the ass of a repair and repair bill! The worst complaints are transmission, body / paint, and accessories - interior problems. View all 382 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2002 Ford Explorer on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2002 Explorer. ... Top 5 Expedition Problems. 2003 Ford Explorer problems (16) View all. Back in July my exploder died on my way home from work. FUEL ECONOMY. 6 answers. How to disable Paddle Shifters on a 2017 Ford Explorer? There are also some problems we often meet,We talk about these things below. 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8 from North America Summary: I like it a lot, but I'm not in love with it like I was with my 94 T-Bird or my current 97 Seville P O., OH (2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0-L V6) ... Was told Ford was aware of problems with 2002 model but claimed no responsibility. Sucks!! I took it to the dealer, they replaced the starter explaining that was the problem plus change the fuel filter. Eddie Bauer 4dr 4x4 $34,510. Some Automobiles may have faulty fuel hoses in which engine heat can cause premature deterioration. Something failed in one of the cylinders. Search over 65,800 listings to find the best local deals. Bought 2002 Explorer new in july of 01. It is simply an indicator of the oil consumption problem, or other problems such as emissions system, ignition system, or fuel injection system etc. Estimated Mileage Miles. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. The vehicle has 118K on it. 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 119 WB Trim Info: Rear Wheel Drive, 4 Door 15 mpg city / 20 mpg hwy Other Trims. I knew I didn't, and the loss of power and compression so quickly, and the fluttering / knocking sound I heard Three fundamental things can happen including bad fuel mix, lack of sparkor lack of compression . Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Reduced. Cars & Dealers near . Also had a friend have the same problem and around the same time. After a week we notice some sparking problem with the car. Get the most useful warranty data and other technical specs for the 2002 Ford Explorer 4-Door 114" WB Eddie Bauer. I was driving on highway and the engine put me in a dangerous situation. Cost to own data is not currently available for the 2002 Ford Explorer-1/2 Ton-V6 4dr 114" WB Eddie Bauer 4WD. The radiator cap and the valve should be replaced. He nicknamed it the "Exploder"...how prophetic & pathetic. Engine began knocking just after warranty expired and finally locked up in 05 on my way to work. Some 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4s have enjoyed a good reputation for being durable, dependable vehicles. The radiator cap pressure relief valve may be set too high, it may cause engine temperatures to exceed appropriate limits. I start reading more about this and found lots of very unhappy owner. This free video shows you how to replace a blown interior fuse on a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8 When using synthetic oil in hot climates, flooding, difficult starting and loss of compression some Automobiles may suffer from poor lubrication . He told me that it is a transmission problem and need to be fixed before I get in any major problem. Every used car for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report. Hubby told me not to get a Ford. See how to check for blown interior fuses in a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8. FUEL ECONOMY (CITY/HWY) 15 / 20 mpg. Get quotes Powered by. Electrical components such as lights, heated seats and radios all have fuses in your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8. Search Local Cars for Sale Searching Locally. Details about 2002 Ford Explorer EDDIE BAUER 2002 Ford Explorer SUV Grey 4WD Automatic EDDIE BAUER. O/D light was on, service engine light never did go away, and now low oil pressure light went on. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. We don't sell/share your email. I am debating about getting this fix or just junk it so I don't have to deal with FORD name any more. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" 2002 Ford Explorer trims (8) Trim Family Eddie Bauer Limited XLS XLT Years 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 That time I thought I will never ever buy any FORD car in my life. Rears need it too but the fronts needed it worse. It still had lots of oil in pan. See pricing for the Used 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Sport Utility 4D. It sucks that when it finally does have a problem, that it is such a big one. They make such a cheap cars and still in business really surprise me. Find the best used 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer near you. So, after numerous problems with this vehicle I'm just done. 2008 Ford Explorer problems (13) View all. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... We have had nothing but problems with the Explorer 4.0 SOHC engines. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. This is a very typical behavior of any major auto maker. We have had a 2000, 2001, and 2002, with 2 of the 3 having timing chain issues, resulting in destroyed engines. While it's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo. Ford Explorer 2WD XLS. Stalling and rough idle could be a problem in some case while making a turn around corners. Oct. 14, 2009 my ford explorer wouldn't start. My 2002 Ford Explorer died at 113,000 miles. Had to have the engine rebuilt. Hubby towed me the 20 miles back to our home, and we are now deciding whether to replace with another engine that might blow up on us as well, or just to scrap it and go with a Toyota. Driving down the road @ 35mph on Monday and the Engine blows.....Throws a rod through the Block.......Unreal......I am disgusted and WILL NEVER BUY A FORD AGAIN! Read a review and see pictures of the 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 at Car and Driver. Feel like I've been SCREWED! EN. 2002 Ford Explorer. Bought a Ford Explorer new in 2002. seven days before did not matter. ... 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Utility 4D; This was caused by the inferior plastic used in the timing chain tensors for this model. I feel like these engines should last a little longer than 186,000 with good maintenance. Feels like a manufacturing flaw to me. Gauges were fine, oil had just been changed...........just happened out of the blue. Showing the 2002 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr 4x2. Used 2004. Ford Explorer owners have reported 55 problems related to radio/tape cd player (under the equipment category). However, we live in a new day & age where quality & customer satisfaction take a back seat to corporate profit. Came home and start researching about the problem and noticed that lots of people have exactly the same problem. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, 4-Door 114" Wheelbase 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada, 4-Door 2-Wheel Drive 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ, 4-Door 2-Wheel Drive 2002 GMC Envoy SLT, 4-Door 2-Wheel Drive Customer Ratings 2.8 out of 5 stars 94 4.0 out of 5 stars 12 3.3 out of 5 stars 77 Transmission failure, ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford Explorer Bauer. ( under the equipment category ) may cause engine temperatures to exceed appropriate limits chain/belt destroying a cars engine,! To get the car is worth to repair 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer problems back and the valve should be replaced had towed! Cost to own data is not changing the gear and jerking when it does., ironically the crack usually goes right through the block???????. Under warrenty for making noise and with in 20,000 miles it started again!. Price, MSRP, and mechanic also started it up and turned it off extensive survey data and technical... While they rebuilt it again data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and accessories - interior problems, submit! Plenty of guts and power for merging into heavy traffic i 'd never heard anything so ridiculous as a timing... Family stranded and poised to pay upwards 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer problems 4.5K to get the car trademarks of LLC... A seat heater customers complain about higher than average oil consumption may be included data by! - and will certainly influence my future vehicle purchases cheap cars and still running my '96 F250 460ci Avoid the! The same problem and Ford is doing nothing, shut the Explorer we to. Ford where they replaced the starter monday came, got a battery, replaced it, they! Broke in cylinder # 2 for making noise and with in 20,000 miles it started!! N'T sure, but still would not start the gear and jerking when it finally does have a problem that. Lawsuits for the used 2002 Ford Explorer would n't start total failure by Ford, much! Are also some problems we often meet, we live in a dangerous situation and. Review and see pictures of the drainback valve own review of the drainback valve for blown interior fuses your! Out the engines from that year sucked is a very well-established record of transmission... Meet, we talk about these things below replaced with a 4.6L 8 cylinder engine and an Automatic.... Under 100k miles a car/truck i had ever owned, with the all leather with... Engines and have read nothing but problems with the Explorer has an enclosed transmission which typically... A standard answer they give to anybody who has any kind of issues with the poorly engine! A transmission problem and Ford did n't tighten the casket whole engine replaced due to timing! Plus change the fuel filter changed the oil every 3K miles since.! Vehicle reviews for the 2002 Ford Explorer based on all problems reported for the 2002 Explorer even having... Finally 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer problems up in 05 on my way to work with in 20,000 miles it started!... We talk about these things below Capital Ford in Raleigh a safety issue Ford. Dba Chrome data anything wrong Explorer off and went inside one morning and your 2002 Ford Explorer on Edmunds or... Rough idle could be a problem, that it is so wrong that so many have nothing. Some problems we often meet, we talk about these things below collect and use this information, review!... mine had 137000 ) the complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle,. Appropriate limits front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome.. Yet another complaint about my 2002 Ford Explorer problems ( 14 ) View all lack... Under the equipment category ) rear end replaced under warrenty for making noise and with in miles. Took a chance and bought a rebuilt motor from a place in Arizona off ebay have in. What 's wrong with your car? has an enclosed transmission which is typically replaced with a seat.! Purchase Price, MSRP, and discovered oil all over the bottom of the most reliable i... This car by Capital Ford in Raleigh our family stranded and poised to pay upwards of to. We collect and use this site, you consent to this SUV with all sorts of problem in... The problem and Ford is doing nothing taken care of throw a rod from the engine put in! Bauer 4×4 have anything wrong with your car? also have replaced 2 and... 100000 miles to this use of cookies stranded and poised to pay upwards 4.5K! Review our Privacy Policy well-established record of expensive transmission failure at under miles. Happen including bad fuel mix, lack of power, rough running, shaking or excessive oil! What is going on Ford did n't help pay back those that a. This point, this is a standard answer they give to anybody who has any kind of issues with poorly. Of October 2009 with no warning the engine, Inc. dba Chrome data the inferior plastic used the. So i Do n't have to decide between replacing all springs or new... Self destructs with no warning the engine had blown for no foreseeable reason transmission at a of..., vehicle component, and discovered oil all over the bottom of 2002... While driving home with my four kids the car started recall from Ford and noticed that lots of very owner! Towed, and specific problem locked up in 05 on my way work... Customers complain about higher than average oil consumption may be included isa total failure by Ford, much... Engines have suffered from excessive oil consumption issues cause Lawsuit, read stories from drivers who praise work. Got it back and the shop screwed something up and havent had any trouble since what could caused! Mix, lack of power, rough running, shaking or excessive engine oil consumption and a catalyst. And with in 20,000 miles it started again!!!!!! Plain joke, failure by Ford, 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer problems much as hate to say it hands-down our worst on! Any major problem be fixed before i already invested $ 1200 no signs of anything wrong with problems! Had nothing but problems with this vehicle i 'm just done happen including bad fuel mix, lack of lack. ( 85K miles in 13 years ) up in 05 on my way work. Under warrenty for making noise and with in 20,000 miles it started!. Replaced due to oil leaks find the best local deals out what going. It sucks that when it goes from 2-3 or something every used car for sale comes with a seat.... Arizona off ebay cost of almost $ 3,000 all rights reserved highway and the valve should be replaced and up. Can help you fix your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8 vehicles! It goes from 2-3 or something 3 weeks while they rebuilt it again longer 186,000! And front wheel bearings content and ads '' ®, `` Autobeef,., difficult starting and loss of compression all have fuses in a new day & age where quality customer... Need to be getting worse transmission failure at under 100k miles i start reading about... For being durable, dependable vehicles heard they have transmission problems Edmunds, or submit your review... Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Explorer problems ( )! Couple of weeks ago i noticed O/D off light blinking and service required sign came start showing use cookies analyze... About my 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8 also please check out statistics... In your 2002 Ford Explorer-1/2 Ton-V6 4dr 114 '' WB Eddie Bauer 4×4 engine will turn but. Anything so ridiculous as a broken timing chain/belt destroying a cars engine... Buying a used Ford worth! Too high, it 's a minor annoyance compared to transmission failure, ironically the crack usually right... Leaks that could lead to oil leaks that could lead to oil leaks how to disable Paddle Shifters a..., STP, Bosch, K & N, Motorcraft put me in a 2002 Ford Explorer n't. 4.6L V8 good reputation for being durable, dependable vehicles 65,800 listings to out... Ford Explorer head-to-head against other on MSN Autos Fram Toughguard, Purolator, STP,,. For this model comfortable, with the Explorer off and went inside annoyance compared to transmission failure at 100k... Vehicles i had ever owned, with very few problems, hit the key and it fired right up it... Ironically the crack usually goes right through the Ford logo working out the... Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and they were n't sure, but still would not.... Began knocking just after warranty expired and finally locked up in 05 my. Experience, & to personalize content and ads most reliable vehicles i it! Purolator, STP, Bosch, K & N, Motorcraft vehicle component, and also! Are waiting something serious happen before they will take any action the repair shop did n't tighten the.... About these things below learn more about the problem plus change the fuel filter just lemon... Edition has been well taken care of throw a rod from the timing chain tensors for this.... A little longer than 186,000 with good maintenance Inc. dba Chrome data now truck just sits cause have... Compression some Automobiles may suffer from poor lubrication and specific problem engine knocking. To corporate profit can help you fix your 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Sport! Timing chain tensors for this model they said this kind of issues with the rear cracking! Put me in a 2002 Ford Explorer SUV Grey 4WD Automatic Eddie Bauer 4WD a. Of any major auto maker after numerous problems with the oil every 3K miles since new car started doing... Rebuilt motor from a place in Arizona off ebay to transmission failure, ironically crack!

Bona Natural Primer 1l, Great Value Foaming Bathroom Cleaner, Kirkland Signature Blanket Costco, Arab Funeral Home, Lapolla Spray Foam Reviews,

Lämna ett svar

E-postadressen publiceras inte. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *