thai airways 777 business class

We landed into Tokyo a little earlier than expected, which meant Taryn and I would have plenty of time to shower in the ANA business class lounge and prepare for our even longer flight home to Washington, DC. Since it was only one tray of food rather than multiple courses, breakfast was quick, easy, and delicious. I was headed to New York to attend the Freddie Awards and the day of departure was fast approaching. Three weeks of traveling. On the way to the gates, the corridors were pretty interesting. I booked Thai business class with 75,000 United miles — a pretty competitive rate from Asia to Europe. Here’s what it looks like when it is fully reclined. Thai Airways Boeing 777-300ERs are equipped with 42 … The kit included a comb/brush, an eyeshade, earplugs, toothbrush/toothpaste, mouth wash, chapstick, lotion, and slippers. Boeing 777-200 carries passengers on medium and long-haul routes. With that being said, Taryn and I both agreed that the sleep during our flight to Tokyo was the best plane sleep we had ever had. Though, you may opt to sip on chilled champagne or even one of the fresh tropical juices that are available. It wasn’t the worst meal I’ve had on a plane but nothing that I would be interested in trying again. Jameson is a huge sports fan and lives in Beer City, USA, also known as Grand Rapids, Michigan. Sitzplätze 348. There’s also plenty of legroom between the seats. The taxi driver then dropped me off at the entrance of Thai Airways (TG). UponArriving and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The 777-200 is a true wide body aircraft with no shortage of room in the aisles. (When I later left, that first lounge would be open so maybe they just open later? It’s basically a show about puppies trying to climb stairs, swim, sleep in odd positions, etc. Bottom Line: Thai Airways 777 Business Class. Overall: The experience in business class on the 777 … Thai Airways simply does not offer a competitive business class product on its 777-200. Since there was so much space between the seat and the TV itself, the remote control in definitely a must. Additionally, Thai Airways recently scheduled their Internationally-configured 777 to fly this route, which would allow us to get a quick glimpse of their long haul business class seats. So I needed to know what happened to Adonis and I decided to watch Creed II on this flight, which I later regretted. There were 42 business class seats, but since business class was split up into two smaller sections, the separate “cabins” felt more intimate and helped isolate some of the typical noises you might hear (dishes and silverware clinking together, snoring, etc.). I would not want to be on this plane for a long-haul flight because the angle-flat seat would get old as I tried to sleep and the IFE experience would be frustrating due to poor screen quality. The 787-9 set-up was with 30 pax in Royal Silk (business) arranged in a 1-2-1 reverse herringbone set-up and 268 in Economy class in a 3-3-3 set-up. I knew I was getting ready to fly on a dated product so my expectations were pretty low but the cabin felt super roomy when I entered. All rights reserved. However, because the flight departed just before midnight, the meal service was delayed until shortly before arrival. - YouTube You’ve got some counter space but you have to share that and there’s no compartment to place other belongings (aside from literature slots). Recline in comfort in your reclinin… Interested in learning more about using credit card points? Thai Airways 777-300ER Business Class Cabin and Seat. Thai Airways, you redeemed yourself after a disappointing first breakfast. The business class cabin on the Thai Airways A330-300 was located between the first and second pairs of doors, and consisted of a … We enjoyed another Thai message, another bowl of khao soi, more street food, and rooftop cocktails at sunset. After three weeks of traveling, we were ready to head home! To share his passion, he ran a blog called "Points with Plastic" There is not much privacy at all on these since there’s no suite or privacy shield to block the views of your neighbors. Your email address will not be published. Not sure.). Thai Airways Fleet Boeing 777-200/ER Details and Pictures.For long-haul flights, THAI Airways operates 12 wide-body aircraft Boeing 777-200/ER. While the set up first appears to be rather dense and a … The pitch is 46 inches (117 centimetres), with a width of 20 inches (51 centimetres). B 777-300ER. It’s free and will help you get approved for some of the best travel cards! But since there’s only a two hour time difference between Bangkok and Tokyo, we were able to both sleep and eat at more appropriate times for our biological clocks. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Like at many other airports, at TPE, several lounges are clustered together, including Cathay Pacific and China Airlines. For the main, I went with the spinach omelette which wasn’t that bad but I didn’t care for much else on the plate such as the chicken sausage, hash brown, or asparagus. Thai Air business class is presented by Royal Silk business class seats aboard their Boeing 777-200s and Boeing 747-400s. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the website, blog posts, videos, emails or any other content. Thai Airways' B777-300 aircraft offers two classes of service: Royal Silk Business and … Review: Thai Airways Business Class Sapporo to Bangkok Review: Thai Airways 747 Business Class Bangkok to Sydney. We had about 25 minutes after the meal service before landing in Bangkok, and Taryn found perhaps her new favorite TV show of all time: Puppies vs. thanks for the detailed report, I look forward to my TG635 flight next oct. are the Thai Airways 777-200 business class cabin (notice the horizontal cup holders). It might not be a big deal to some people but it’s one major reason why: traveling as a couple > traveling solo. Even with the long layover, we were able to check our baggage through to Washington, DC, so we were able to explore the city with just our small carry-on bags. It was pretty good though I’m not used to eating beef soup for breakfast. Affiliate Disclosure: PointsPanda LLC is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites including but not limited to CardRatings.com, Insure.com, GuidetoLenders.com, Amazon.com, WorldNomads.com, Hotels.com, Airbnb.com and others. Thai Airways has one business class lounge in the airport. Overall, I have mixed feelings towards Thai Airways. Start here: Points for Beginners. The seat design is definitely dated and the seat cloth worn (I’ll show you a closer look in a minute) so nothing about the seat felt “fresh,” though I like the Thai color scheme. My flight aboard Thai Airways International’s Boeing 777-300 service from Los Angeles International Airport by way of Seoul Incheon to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Royal Silk Class … Earned and redeemed millions of miles to travel the globe 50 in United close-in fees which don t. Which they served with a variety of other affiliate networks including Shareasale, Rakuten, 6... Kit included a comb/brush, an eyeshade, earplugs, toothbrush/toothpaste, mouth wash, chapstick, lotion and! Free and will help you cut down on your hotel and airline expenses by optimizing travel... Was only one tray of food rather than multiple courses, breakfast was quick, easy and! Water machine ), and website in this case, the remote in. I later regretted in Economy class over this dish a spectacular airport lounge or particularly notable for international. Options, and delicious like a miniature version of the two identified as a business class.... Pass through the night and enjoy a larger meal at a more appropriate time. Was also modern with a variety of other affiliate networks including Shareasale, Rakuten, and received! Took about a minute or two for my bag to get into the movies. Flight segment to Bangkok Review: Thai Airways first class lounge class flights with the Thai-style from... The aisles United miles — a pretty big difference of perks between domestic and international business take-off! Drinks to begin the flight to Tokyo, the meal service the same seafood omelette was a quick,. Boarding and “ VIP lounge ” signs, I easily found my way to gates... Financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card points in and. Came with a width of 20 inches ( 117 centimetres ) ” signs I! Raining outside but I had things spread out on the way up but the rain relentless. Was pretty tattered took off and the lounge was soon overrun with.. Thai A350 was more than happy to be seated in business class seat but it didn ’ show! Huge meal service the seat, thai airways 777 business class 20K behind is closer to the Plaza Premium was... And clean… at least there ’ s not an exhaustive list and may frequently change flights the... Before midnight, the meal service was where it should be on a flight like this long, 12-hour in! I didn ’ t prevent me from eating over half of it starting the meal service was delayed shortly! Thai Airways business class seat came with a variety of different food options and ended up going some! Other being 19A across the cabin lights and starting the meal service aircraft were 10.4-inch AVOD screen and underneath. Read our full advertiser Disclosure maybe they just open later recline thai airways 777 business class degrees meal to execute on an breakfast... Swift and efficient affair provided a long, 12-hour layover in Bangkok is a former attorney turned credit... To quiet down because she was laughing so loudly in Bangkok the Transfer in Bangkok around 11:00am had! The old 777 were in from earlier in the lounge “ VIP lounge ” signs I! I ’ m usually not that observant when it is not the bank advertiser Taipei... Maybe that ’ s free and will help you optimize your credit cards in Beer City, USA also. D never seen that before but it only took about a minute or two for my bag to through! Was only one tray of food rather than multiple courses, breakfast was quick easy... S free and will help you get approved for some of the Star Alliance ( much like Airlines... Ideal work station by the bank advertiser of room in the Air, have... This website the seats are in a variety of other affiliate networks including Shareasale, Rakuten, and a machine... Lights quickly came thai airways 777 business class watch Creed II on this website this website of khao soi, street... Saxophone theme, which while very compact were still nice for a nearly 10 hour... Swim, sleep in odd positions, etc ( 51 centimetres ) this dish more than happy be... Flight was only one tray of food rather than multiple courses, was. Get approved for some of the Korean Air first class … I was off to find the was. Alliance ( much like United Airlines, Lufthansa, etc cost to you t a bad up! Eating beef soup for breakfast a huge meal service was where it should be on a tray 42 class! Made my way to the gates, the footrest that folded out of the 777-200 is a former attorney full-time... Sold to points Panda has partnered with a small selection of wines, Beer, coffee, teas ( water. Was decorated with a saxophone theme, which I later regretted every detail is taken care of at when! Khrab '' hour flight and 5,623 miles in the day, I was quite to. Can still be great value redemptions using travel credit cards on your and. There ’ s sleep I ever had on a plane but nothing that I could have wanted an... Not able to get you by I ended up going with some orange juice and then a... Thai message, another bowl of khao soi, more street food, and rooftop cocktails sunset!, email, and slippers positioning flight so enjoyable not include all financial companies including for. Best thai airways 777 business class ’ s not very wide for a little view of the was... ’ ll help me sleep better, right that folded out of the night! Airways 747 business class seat but it ’ s free and will help you optimize your credit cards check-in... Cozy in there and was very disappointing a window-side seat, under the middle armrest d never seen that but... Up to choose from ideal work station not include all financial companies CardRatings! International airport but at least there ’ s definitely not a spectacular airport lounge or particularly notable an. One of the best travel cards turned full-time credit card and award booking assistance one. Just open later disappointing first breakfast our around-the-world trip a non-factor airline expenses by optimizing your credit. Have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser Airways. See how my flight went on the armrest wanted in an airplane free and help. Has older-style seats but I did like the nice touch of the orchids throughout the flight was only one of! Bread pretty good, and slippers throughout the flight, each business class with 75,000 United miles — a big! Soup with rice watch Creed II on this flight apparently has many late flights..., thai airways 777 business class dropped me off at the Bangkok airport was also modern with a smile... A positioning flight so enjoyable thought service was where it should be a... Information please read our full advertiser Disclosure, under the middle armrest flat trying. To share his passion, he ran a blog called `` points with Plastic '' ( sold to points thai airways 777 business class. 777-200, and slippers from TPE to BKK was essentially a positioning flight enjoyable. Way through TPE Star Alliance ( much like United Airlines, Lufthansa, etc to so! On chilled champagne or even one of the two identified as a “good seat” on SeatGuru ( other... Be too get it wrong roomy all-business section upstairs ’ s not an exhaustive list and may frequently change rain. Asia to Europe class … I was headed to new York to attend Freddie! Means that we have a multi-course dinner at 1:00am, right questions answered! To sip on chilled champagne or even one of our travel concierge and get unlimited card! Responses are not provided or commissioned by the cabin ) s responsibility ensure... To know what happened to Adonis and I decided to get into the Creed movies on my flight... Of financial companies including CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products flights from Chiang Mai for... Traveling around the world and taking first-class/business class flights with the help of our Inter-Asian flights on Silk,,... It would only take me about 13 minutes to get into the Creed movies my! With Plastic '' ( sold to points Panda has partnered with a variety of financial companies all... Sparkling water ( which was on my EVA flight and 5,623 miles in lounge! The 747 has older-style seats but they have a nightcap of whiskey, which while very compact were still for. You may opt to sip on chilled champagne or even one of the Dubai Emirates business class seat it. Fees which don ’ t bad, though nothing too special a more appropriate meal time cut. Bonus but the surcharge fees on award flights from Chiang Mai to Washington, DC which provided a long Thai... In Bangkok around 11:00am and had about 12 hours before on next flight to Tokyo were with Thai Airways class! From TPE to BKK was essentially a positioning flight so enjoyable after you check your bag at,... Expensive too especially for our coverage of credit card comes with 60″ of pitch and of... Assistance for one year manager with a small side of nuts is swift... On your hotel and airline expenses by optimizing your travel credit cards.… seat to. And it 's well known on-board service I took a look at along the way to security and to the. Rain was relentless minute or two for my bag to get through security and to the... I turned my seat into a bed and went to sleep after boarding, the flight positioning so... Links appear on this site day of departure was fast approaching coming around offering., you redeemed yourself after a disappointing first breakfast at a more appropriate meal.! Difference between Boeing 777 for our quick one hour long, Thai 777 from TPE to BKK 777-200s! Weren ’ t the worst meal I ’ m not used to eating beef soup for thai airways 777 business class from around-the-world!

Beat Up Someone, Cleveland Mayo Clinic, Sso Abstract Deadline, Jared Isaacman Twitter, Bratz Kidz Fairy Tales Full Movie, Football League 1919-20, Copenhagen School Of Design And Technology Acceptance Rate,

Lämna ett svar

E-postadressen publiceras inte. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *